Ops Horizon is committed to protecting and respecting your personal data and privacy. Whenever you provide such information, we’ll use your data in line with applicable laws concerning General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA).
Who we are and what we do
This Privacy Notice is primarily directed to individuals who wish to contact us, to inquire about us and our services, to or just obtain information generally.
If you wish to contact us on any issue regarding your data protection, the following are the contact options.
Post: Ops Horizon, 11 rue du docteur Paillot 73100 Aix les Bains – France Tel: +33 (0)970 444 922
This Privacy Statement sets out how MyHandling software, MyDesk and Touch and Go software (property of Ops Horizon) use and process any information that you give to us.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, transfer, process, use and disclose your data and sets out our security practices.
What we collect?
Due to the nature of our business we collect personally identifiable information (PII) that you provide to us, which is information that identifies you as an individual. It may include name, address, phone number, email address and passport/ID (for identification and verification purposes as required by law). It also may include IP address and cookies.
How we use your Personal Information and the Legal basis for doing so?
PII will be used for the purpose for which you supply it and will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations. Ops Horizon collects and uses your PII to provide the services and supports that we offer and that you have requested.
Your information will only be used for the purposes of provided information support or services to you. We will never share or disclose your personal data or information with any third parties.
By providing your PII, and where you agree to receiving communications, we may use the information:
- To book FBO/airport services (specifically for Airline/pilot users),
- To respond to your requests
- To improve our level of services
- To seek your views on our services
- for legal, contractual and other lawful compliance services.
- notify you about changes to our services
- carry out necessary maintenance to our infrastructure
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so, e.G sending a comment to an FBO and/or airline.
Subject to other applicable legal requirements we keep:
- Passengers and crew data for 2 years
- Other physical person data are kept 5 years after the last handling request
- Users data are kept 5 years
After that they are deleted except if there is an express request before.
This retention period is based on our experience. Each individual has the right to withdraw their consent and have their personal information erased at any time.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018;
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018;
- Right to erasure – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Right of portability – You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data that you have provided to us.
- Right to object – You have the right to object to us processing your data in relation to direct marketing and or profiling. Please note that we do not engage in direct marketing of any kind and do not disclose or share your personal data with any third party. Any correspondence or literature that we send you will be requested directly by you.
All of the above requests can be directed to Ops Horizon contact point listed in this Statement. They will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
Website usage information
We also automatically collect information about your computer browser type and operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We aggregate this information to understand how our visitors use our website and mobile applications so that we can improve them and the services we offer. These analytics do not typically identify individual users.
How we protect your PII
Ops Horizon will take all appropriate legal, organizational, and technical measures to protect your personal information.
When Ops Horizon uses a third-party service provider, that provider will be carefully selected and will be contractually required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your PII from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet or a mobile phone network connection is not completely secure. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur during transmission, once we have received your information, we will employ appropriate technical security measures to protect your data, such as encryption and other technologies.
Sharing PII with third parties
We will keep your information within Ops Horizon except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or when we use third party service providers (data processors) to supply and support our services to you. We only share information with third parties who help us in the delivery of our services to you.
Our data processors cannot do anything with your personal data unless we have instructed them to do so. They will not share your personal data with any organization apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
Our data processors include external consultants, professional advisers such as lawyers, software and technical support providers, credit controllers and fraud prevention companies and of course as required by law.
Any contact information that you provide through our system will not be sold/ rented/leased to any third party for selling or marketing to you. We do not allow service providers to use your PII for their own activities.
Our websites and mobile applications may use technology called “cookies.” A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a server. Cookies allow our websites and mobile applications to respond to you as an individual. These cookies are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website. The website can tailor its operations to your needs and your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored if you prefer. Please refer to your Internet browser’s instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions and to specify your cookie preferences.
If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our systems.
Links to other websites
Our website may from time to time provide links to or embed third party websites. This Privacy Statement does not apply to those websites. If you choose to enter such a linked site, you agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites and do not review or endorse and shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for:
- How these websites treat your PII
- The content of such websites
- The use that others make of these websites.
Please ensure you check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website or mobile application you access before entering any PII.
We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If the changes we make are material, we also may post a notice regarding the changes on our website. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the PII we collect.